A RARE OPPORTUNITY
CUSTODIAL SERVICES MANAGER – Multiple Buildings
$60K – $75K DOE
FULL-TIME WITH BENEFITS
- Since 1952, we’ve grown from a one-person window cleaning operation to a commercial janitorial company with two operating divisions and nearly 400 employees. Our mission is simple: To be a vendor of choice and an employer of choice in our industry. Our teams are built with great people with diverse skills sets, and most of our management (and even executives) started as custodians. We make continual investments in our employees and infrastructure including DailyPay®, a new PTO accrual program, regular advertising campaigns and community sponsorships, plus ongoing initiatives that are employee-centric.
- Even though our industry experiences high turnover, the turnover in our management and professional positions is less than 5%. Sometimes people leave us due to relocation or retirement. Our corporate team has an average tenure of 13 years!
- You’ll oversee staff and ensure service levels for a dedicated number of buildings or sites.
- You’ll interact with all levels of internal staff plus our customer’s personnel who act as our contact at each building.
- You’ll lead a team of supervisors, building leads, plus a “special projects” crew.
- Responsible for day-to-day operation and administrative activities to ensure we’re meeting contract requirements (e.g. shift coverage, staff assignments, duty list completion, inspections, supply management, project planning, meeting participation)
- Assist in scheduling and balancing of staff to ensure a proactive approach to covering shifts
- Play a central role in managing special projects for each customer as needed
- Respond to questions or service issues from our internal management and customer personnel
- Partner with HR, supervisors and managers on personnel issues including counseling, problem resolution, compensation, terminations, etc.
- Engage with employees to foster positive working relationships
- Direct, coordinate, lead and evaluate all assigned personnel
YOUR BACKGROUND AND PERSONALITY
- You’ve spent some time in a facilities role such as account management, building supervisor, project manager, or similar where you had to think on your feet, maintain control, adapt, and lead/teach others to do the same. You’re able to work in environments where there may be frequent interruptions or distractions.
- We believe in “putting the right people in the right place.” We value creativity and new ideas, but we also need a person who gets the job done without constant supervision or direction. It’s a bonus if you’re “thick-skinned, but not thick-headed.”
YOUR SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- You’ve got a combination of education and/or experience that translates into at least 3 years in a multi-responsibility managerial role, experience leading a team, and are able to function in a deadline-driven environment with a sense of urgency.
- You’re familiar with cleaning-related chemicals, materials, equipment and procedures.
You’ve got experience in and/or are familiar with:
- Employee engagement, motivation
- Policy administration
- Progressive discipline
- Planning and organizing multiple tasks with deadlines
- Proactive problem-solving
- Effective time management
- Basic computer operation including email, web-based timekeeping and reporting
- You have a high degree of integrity, and do the right thing even when no one is looking.
- You have the ability to interact and build relationships with people from all walks of life.
- You understand what it means to “trust but verify.”
- You support others in actions and words, and make the best decisions even when it may not be best for you, personally.
- You can successfully pass our background screening and have an acceptable driving record (if applicable).
IT WOULD BE NICE, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Senior account management
- Career opportunities to match skills and interests
HOW TO APPLY:
Internal candidates: Contact Jennifer Vannes
External candidates: Email resume’ to email@example.com new email
Instructions will be provided on full application process which may include panel interview and skills assessment testing.